Code of Ethics
Each Member pledges to do the following:
- Maintain a high level of professional integrity and respect for the victims and suspects of crimes (and their property) while performing forensic evidence photography.
- Conduct business with honesty, integrity and the utmost professionalism at all times.
- Provide a professional and successful service that will establish and maintain the integrity of the evidence photographic community.
- Ensure that all products and services furnished shall be represented and manufactured with ingredients or materials of acceptable standards, approved by the applicable trade, profession, or industry.
- Perform all due diligence in the protection, backup and archiving of images to protect them from untimely loss.
- Protect the confidentiality of entrusted data, neither disclosing information to those not directly involved with the project, nor using this information for any purpose not expressly approved.
- Refrain from offering or providing excessive personal inducements to influence decision-makers concerning the award of contracts or assignments.
- Assume the moral obligation to conduct continuing research in the field (to increase knowledge with respect to all phases of operation, to assist in maintaining a competitive position, and to achieve better performance).
- Never, in any way, copy or represent distinguishing marks with intent to mislead the public.