Certification will cover five test specifications broken down into three modules:
- Camera Systems – this category will include the use and knowledge of digital and film cameras, as well as the various lenses and attachments that might be utilized on either type of camera.
- Lighting – this portion of the examination will measure how to best light the subject, possible types of lighting (Studio, Ambient, Flash, Daylight), lighting design and lighting equipment.
- Exposure and Meters – this area will include how to meter for the correct exposure and the relationship between shutter speed and f-stop.
- Composition – this area will focus on various aspects of composition, including color relationships, framing, using perspective, measuring scales and background.
- Legal Aspects of Photography - items included in this section relate to any court ruling’s or legal procedure’s impact upon forensic photography.