To register for the exam you must call at 800-786-6277 and identify the testing site at which you would like to take the exam. To register for education and the exam you must register at least three weeks prior to the date education begins. To register for just the exam you must at least five business days prior to the date on which you wish to take the written examination. If you fail to register you will not be able to take the exam.
Attendees must pass all three modules/sections along with the image submission with two years to become certified as an evidence photographer. If you do not complete the program during this two year period you will need to re-apply and start the program over.
Testing must be complete before the image submission process.
We strongly suggest attendees attend the education that is provided, although it is not required.
Rules are outlined here.
Every four years you have two options for renewal:
- Attend 30 hours of EPIC education (certification education) or EPIC School @ Imaging USA (our annual conference).
Procedures for Addressing Ethics Questions
Certified Evidence Photographers must uphold the EPIC Code of Ethics. If a certificated evidence photographer’s actions are in question complaints can be addressed. Please see our Procedures for Addressing Ethics Questions.
- For Education Sessions, a 50% deposit is required to hold a space, the balance is then due 60 days before the class.
Cancellations & Refunds
- A $50 administration fee will be charged for cancellations received 60 days before the education/testing.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations within 60 days of education/testing.
- A $35 service fee will be charged for returned checks.
- EPIC reserves the right to make changes or cancellations as it deems necessary.